Welcome to the Team!
FLOC is excited to welcome four new additions to our growing team.
LaToya Clark, Business Manager
Originally from New York, LaToya went to Hampton University for Political Science. LaToya is a proud Zeta Phi Beta sister and loves to rep their signature royal blue and white. Zeta Phi Beta’s motto is to be a community-conscious, action-oriented organization which is exactly what LaToya believes in. We are so excited for her to bring her passion and experience to FLOC!
3 FUN FACTS ABOUT LATOYA
- She has been on 16 cruises
- She truly believes the tourism slogan “Virginia is for Lovers,” because although she is from Brooklyn and her husband is from Baltimore they met and fell in love in Virginia
- She loves reading so much, she is a member of 2 book clubs!
Brenna Cowardin, Bilingual Neighborhood Tutoring Program Coordinator
During her college career at William and Mary, Brenna became an attentive and impassioned researcher. She developed a fierce love for learning and hopes to one day teach that love to the next generation as a bilingual elementary school teacher. We can’t wait to see what she accomplishes as FLOC!
THREE FUN FACTS ABOUT BRENNA
- She still can’t tell her right from her left most of the time
- She loves rock climbing
- She is training to run her first marathon next fall
Morgan Roberts, Development Communications Coordinator
Morgan moved to D.C. after graduating from the University of South Carolina with a major in Public Relations. While interning in college, Morgan realized that she had a passion for nonprofit work, especially related to child advocacy. We are so glad Morgan joined us and can’t wait to see her bring that passion to FLOC!
THREE FUN FACTS ABOUT MORGAN
- She has been to 25 countries
- She swam and played water polo in high school
- She loves her two dogs more than anything
Alexis Shamsi, Neighbourhood Tutoring Program Coordinator
Alexis graduated from American University with a major in Public Health. Having been tutored as a child, Alexis understands the impact a tutor can have on a students’ life. She is passionate about helping children gain confidence, and channels that into her work here at FLOC every day. In her free time, Alexis enjoys being active, baking and painting. We are so glad to have Alexis on our team!
3 FUN FACTS ABOUT ALEXIS
- She loves to paint
- She is a certified red cross swim instructor
- The beach is her favorite place
Welcome to FLOC, ladies!