Here are 5 quick tips on how you can help us get the word out about FLOC:
- Recruit a friend to volunteer-People are much more likely to volunteer if they are recruited in a one-on-one conversation with a friend. Think of a few friends who you think might enjoy working at FLOC and share your experience with the organization. If everyone who currently tutors brought in just one friend we could serve more than 600 students!
- Share FLOC’s Facebook posts and Tweets-If you see a post on FLOC’s Facebook or Twitter that you think your friends might find interesting share it on your page! The more people that learn about FLOC, the greater the chance someone will volunteer. Who knows? One of your friends may be looking for an opportunity just like this. Helping is just a quick click away!
- Send an email to your work or other organizations-Listservs can be a quick and easy way to reach a large number of people. Reach out to the people in your office or any other organization you are a member of and tell them a little bit about FLOC and why you love it.
- Hang flyers-If your office building, apartment, school, or even local coffee shops have bulletin boards or community postings put a flyer up. FLOC has a stock of flyers just ready to be posted around the greater DC area, so don’t hesitate to ask for some!
- Tell us about your community– We are always looking for new outlets to share FLOC opportunities, so if there is an event or group that we could use to reach out to the community, let us know! Markets, festivals, community blogs, neighborhood listservs and any other type of community gathering is an opportunity for FLOC to reach more potential volunteers. We are always looking for new places to table and flyer so even if you live outside of DC, we want to know what is going on in your community!
Thanks again to all of our families, volunteers, and donors for making FLOC such an effective organization. Your voices are an incredibly powerful tool in our outreach and we cannot thank you enough!
(Katie Draper is the Volunteer Outreach and Marketing Intern at FLOC).