Despite everything going on in the world right now, FLOC is proud to announce that we have added three new members to our team! We are so excited to introduce them to you, and know that they will do great things here at FLOC.
Perla Domingo, Executive Assistant/Development Specialist
Originally from the Philippines, Perla has extensive experience in opening the line of communication between clients, customers, and businesses to get projects done. She spent 30 years in the aviation industry which gave her the opportunity to live in major cities all over the world. We are so excited for her to bring her vast and unique knowledge and experiences to our organization.
Three fun facts about Perla:
1. She has visited 56 countries and collects travel magnets from every place she visits
2. She’s addicted to Japanese arts and food
3. She loves to watch Broadway shows
Emma Marshall, Neighborhood Tutoring Program Coordinator
After graduating from Georgetown University, Emma completed a year of service in Boston as an After-School Program Coordinator serving families who had recently immigrated to the US. Pursuing her passion for education, she took an internship at the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Education department before joining the FLOC team. She brings a deep commitment to educational equity as well as a love for working with students and providing them the right tools for accomplishing their goals.
Three fun facts about Emma:
1) She is crazy about her dog, Daphne
2) She reads tarot cards and loves to do readings for friends!
3) She studied abroad in China and did a series of interviews with Beijing street vendors for an ex-pat magazine while she was there. A couple of years later, a friend was there and saw one of her articles taped up in a vendor’s cart!
Emmett Irby, City Leaders Program Manager
Emmett has been working in youth development for more than 15 years, dedicating his life to helping young people develop strong Leadership and Educational skills. Emmett has been very instrumental in opening up several youth organizations in Washington DC with a focus on Juvenile Justice. He is a mentor in the DMV and when he is not working he spends a great deal of time traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Three fun facts about Emmett:
1. When he is not working, Emmett loves to travel and spend time with family and friends.
2. He is an avid wine collector and has a passion for restoring furniture.
3. Emmett has one son that he is extremely proud of; he is a student at James Madison University.