Have you ever thought of becoming a volunteer with FLOC? The best time is now! Here are six reasons why you should sign up to be a volunteer today:
1. You want to make a lasting impact. A volunteer’s impact goes beyond the two hour tutoring session each week. With your time, you are helping to empower the next generation of leaders, thinkers, and change makers.
2. You want to a show a student you care. It truly makes a differences in the life of a student when they have someone rooting for them! As a volunteer, your weekly commitment and eagerness to teach shows a student that you care and see their potential.
3. You want to give back to your community. Volunteering with FLOC is a great way to give back to the DC community! We were named one of the best small charities in the Greater Washington Region by the Catalogue for Philanthropy. With the help of our volunteers and supporters, we have served over 10,000 children and youth since our founding in 1965. You can help us serve even more.
4. You have a passion for working with youth. Tutoring at FLOC is so much more than teaching students reading and math skills. In addition to helping students improve their skills in the classroom, volunteers also become mentors and friends! Many volunteers develop bonds with their students, which has proven to motivate them to keep trying their best.
5. You want to build new skills and be a life-long learner. Just as much as students are learning, volunteers are too! There are numerous opportunities to grow and develop new skills…whether that be learning how to problem solve, break down complex ideas, or build confidence within yourself, you can be a life-long learner with FLOC.
6. We can’t do this without you. The work that we do would not be possible without our volunteers. As a volunteer, YOU are the backbone of our programs. Our students see results because of the time and care that tutors put into the tutoring sessions each week.
Volunteers like you ensure that we can support even more students in DC that need our help.
Will you help students open the doors to success in their lives? Sign up to be a volunteer today or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you get involved!